Bad news of the day: I've been feeling sick since this morning and am not sure what I have or if it was something I ate.
Fun fact of the day: Pour ceux d'entre vous qui parlent francais, notez bien que le terme "think tank" en francais n'est pas pronocer avec un "th". On dit "sink tank". Vous pouvez remercier Thomas Roman, un des directeurs d'IFE, pour ce lecon important.
(Alors quand je vous dirai "je vais travailler/faire mon stage a L'IISMM, un think tank universitaire qui fait des recherches sur les questions de l'Islam", vous pourriez m'imaginer le prononcer, tres exagéré, "sink tank".)
For those of you who don't speak French, all you need to know here is that this is another instant where French pronunciation would not only be strange and illogical for the first time learner, but also just plain laughable.

Oh Thomas. Love of my life. Can't wait to hear more about your adventuring.
ReplyDeleteLove, Claire
Don't get sick :(
ReplyDeleteNikhil
I hope you are "sinking" lots of important thoughts ("soughts?") at your "sink tank." Can't wait to hear more about it :)
ReplyDeletelove,
Samantha